Het koerier forum Het koerier forum
Door en voor koeriers
Het koerier forum
FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  ProfielProfiel  GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst  GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen  Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken  InloggenInloggen 
klik voor meer informatie
matches or even see t

Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Interessante links
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
panxing18

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-09-2018 09:32:38    Onderwerp: matches or even see t Reageren met citaat

Odell Beckham Jr. has been cleared to practice although the star New York Giants‘ receiver did little work in team periods at the opening of the first mandatory minicamp under new coach Pat Shurmur.

Beckham Gabe Jackson Jersey , who missed several voluntary practices in the final phase of organized team activities in the past month, looked good running pass routes Tuesday. He appeared to cut well testing the left ankle that was broken on Oct. 8 against the Chargers, sidelining him for the final 11 games.

Just the fact that Beckham was there entering the final year of his contract was a positive.

It was a good day overall for Shurmur and the Giants in terms of attendance. Everyone was there, including defensive tackle Damon Harrison who missed many of the OTA practices.

The practice was what one would expect from a team looking to make amends for the 3-13 season that led to the firing of second-year coach Ben McAdoo and longtime general manager Jerry Reese.

The biggest interest centered around Beckham. He was there. The Giants also had no intention of pushing him.

Shurmur wasn’t worried about Beckham’s contract and how negotiations were proceeding. The 25-year-old three-time Pro Bowler has said he wants to be the NFL’s highest-paid player, but whether that happens with him coming off a major injury remains to be seen.

”I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I look at a player that loves football, he’s out there right now doing his thing and he wants to be here and as the coach and the player, that’s what we talk about,” Shurmur said.

Quarterback Eli Manning said Beckham looked sharp running his routes.

Fellow receiver Sterling Shepard had no doubt Beckham would be ready for the season.

”I have never seen a guy work as hard as him and want it as much as him,” Shepard said. ”There is no doubt in my mind you’ll be seeing 13 light it up in the stadium.”

Beckham did not speak to the media on Tuesday.

Harrison didn’t want to discuss why he missed many of the OTA practices, adding his big concern is getting the team back on track. He felt that Giants were better than their record Duron Harmon Jersey , but he was at a loss to explain why the club went from being a playoff team in 2016 to one of the worst in a year.

”That was just a humbling season for everybody,” he said. ”So, if anybody was on their high horse, they have no choice but to get down now and get back to the drawing board and work all over again, which is a good thing to see.”

Manning said guys were competing in practice.

”Everyone has something to prove,” the 37-year-old two-time Super Bowl MVP said. ”I think guys are studying hard and going out there and competing. There are obviously mistakes every day, but guys are learning from it and not repeating them. I think it has been a good start. We have to keep it going and find ways to improve every day.”

The one notable absence was new general manager Dave Gettleman, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment.

Shurmur said the two speak every day.

NOTES: Harrison drew some laughs talking about running back Saquon Barkley, the No. 2 pick overall in the draft. `Saquad’, that’s what they call him, or something like that Jermon Bushrod Jersey ,” Harrison said. ”I’m excited to get out there in training camp, so I can hit his ass. See what he’s made of. I told him: `It’s not Penn State.”’ … Manning did not want to comment on the settlement of a memorabilia lawsuit brought against him, the team and three former equipment managers. ”Just glad it’s over,” he said. … New inside linebacker Alec Ogletree expects to relay coordinator James Bettcher’s instructions during games. … One surprise was seeing Jon Halapio working as the starting center. Brett Jones started there most of the season.

CLEVELAND — For the third time in as many postseasons, the Cleveland Cavaliers enter Game 3 against the Toronto Raptors leading the series 2-0.

But this is the first time the third game was on Cleveland’s home floor. It’s an uh-oh moment for the Raptors, who were swept out of the Eastern Conference semis by the Cavs last season and are in danger of it happening again.

The Cavs would very much like for history to repeat itself.

“It’s one game at a time, and that’s the only way we should look at it,” said LeBron James, who in Game 2 became the first player in NBA history to score at least 40 points (43) with 14 assists in a playoff game.

“We will not put our guards down,” James said. “I won’t, so that’s going to trickle down to everybody else. Understanding that the series is never won until it’s over. You’ve got to win four games to get out of a series and it starts with the next game Peyton Barber Jersey , so I will be as sharp as I was tonight.”

The Raptors finished the regular season atop the East and were the only team in the NBA ranked in the top five in offense and defense. But the Cavs are three-time defending conference champs. They are the ones playing with poise so far in this series.

Toronto has been outscored 34-8 in points off turnovers (Cleveland set a franchise record with just three turnovers in a 128-110 win in Game 2), and by 12 points in the fourth quarter. The Cavs opened the third quarter on an 18-5 spurt.

“We’re 0-2, we understand that,” Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. “It’s hope, it’s pride, it’s toughness. The toughness part is the part I didn’t think we played with last night. I thought we did in Game 1. We did in parts of last night. But we didn’t do it long enough. So it’s about grit, toughness.

“If you want to use the word hope … If we’re hoping we win, we shouldn’t be in the NBA,” Casey continued. “That’s not a good word to use if you’re a professional player.”

There’s more bad news coming for the Raptors. They didn’t win a playoff game in Cleveland in either of the previous two years, and have lost eight straight to the Cavs in the postseason overall dating to the 2016 conference finals.

Counting the regular season, the Raptors have dropped four straight against Cleveland Lester Hayes Jersey , including two at Quicken Loans Arena.

Kevin Love has struggled for much of the postseason, but averaged 20.5 points and shot 66.7 percent from 3-point range in those two regular-season wins over Toronto. Naturally, he had his finest game of the 2018 playoffs in Game 2 with 31 points and 11 rebounds.

The Raptors continually switched smaller players onto Love in Game 2 and he dominated them. In Game 1 (Love was 3 of 13), Toronto used the 7-foot bruiser Jonas Valanciunas on Love and gave him fits.

“It felt nice to see those mismatches or even see the big out on the perimeter on me — whether it was Valanciunas or Siakam or Poeltl or whoever it was — I just kind of was able to get some easy buckets,” Love said. “So that got me going early and Bron was looking for me and those guys helped me through it.”

So, in summation, it’s not looking good for the Raptors.

“Ain’t nothing changed,” Raptors reserve guard Fred VanVleet said. “There’s a reason why we are who we are. There’s a reason why we’re in the position we’re in. We get paid to do this. Obviously, it hasn’t been our best showing, down 0-2. But it’s the first to four. All we can worry about is going to Cleveland trying to get one.”
Adidas Tyler Seguin Jersey
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Interessante links Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: