Het koerier forum Het koerier forum
Door en voor koeriers
Het koerier forum
FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  ProfielProfiel  GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst  GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen  Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken  InloggenInloggen 
klik voor meer informatie
entire exercise eve

Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Interessante links
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
panxing18

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-09-2018 10:06:46    Onderwerp: entire exercise eve Reageren met citaat

The scene was all too familiar for the San Jose Sharks: a postgame handshake line on their home ice with the other team celebrating a series win while the Sharks wonder what might have been.

A team that seemed to have the ingredients necessary for a long playoff run went out instead in the second round with a 3-0 loss Sunday in Game 6 against the expansion Vegas Golden Knights.

”For periods of this series I thought we were a better team Larry Warford Jersey , I thought we played the game that we know we’re capable of, we showed we could beat them,” forward Logan Couture said. ”We just didn’t do it long enough.”

That’s what perhaps makes this the most bitter playoff loss in coach Peter DeBoer’s three seasons in San Jose, all of which ended with home playoff losses.

In 2016, the Sharks got over a major hump and made it to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history before losing in six games to a more talented Pittsburgh team.

Last year, San Jose sputtered toward the finish of the season and lost in six games to Edmonton in the first round in large part due to injuries that hampered top two centers Couture and Joe Thornton.

But the Sharks were healthier this year despite Thornton’s absence because of a knee injury. Midseason acquisitions Evander Kane and Eric Fehr had San Jose surging following a first-round sweep against Anaheim.

They came out flat in the opener against Vegas and lost 7-0 and then dropped a key overtime contest at home in Game 3, playing much of the series from behind. The biggest difference was the performance of the top lines with Vegas’ trio of William Karlsson, Jonathan Marchessault and Reilly Smith combining for eight goals and 17 assists, while Kane, Joe Pavelski and Joonas Donskoi had just three goals and two assists for the Sharks.

”We definitely would’ve liked to have been a little bit more productive,” Pavelski said. ”It’s hard to say. We’ll have to take a look at it Trey Hendrickson Jersey , figure it out. We had some looks, we had some chances, we didn’t capitalize when we did. I wish I had an answer. We sure should’ve been a little better.”

Here are some other takeaways from the season and things to watch this summer:

JUMBO JOE

Thornton injured his right knee on Jan. 23 and never was able to make it back into the lineup. He practiced all postseason and even took part in all the pregame skates but never felt quite healthy enough to get back into the lineup. The 38-year-old Thornton is now eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, leaving his future in San Jose in doubt. He still can be productive as evidenced by his 13 goals and 23 assists in 47 games. But after significant knee injuries the past two seasons, there are questions about whether he will be able to keep up in the faster paced game.

KANE’S CALL

The move to acquire Kane from Buffalo at the trade deadline provided a major spark. He had nine goals and five assists in 17 games, providing needed speed and physicality on San Jose’s top line. That carried over to the first round when he had three goals and an assists in a sweep against Anaheim but Kane wasn’t nearly as effective against Vegas as he played through injuries. Now the Sharks have a decision to make whether to keep Kane or let him leave as a free agent. If he signs, they owe Buffalo a first-round pick in 2019. If he leaves, that pick becomes a second-rounder.

”Obviously I enjoy winning and coming here was a great opportunity for me to do that,” Kane said. ”I really, really, really enjoyed my time with this group of guys Ryan Jensen Jersey , and loved going to battle with these guys.”

STEPPING UP

The best development for the Sharks this season was the development of some younger players. Tomas Hertl looks like he could be a dominant power forward, Chris Tierney and Kevin Labanc are able playmakers, Timo Meier scored 21 goals at age 21, and Joakim Ryan is an ideal defensive partner for Brent Burns. Those players will be counted on to do even more in the future as the Sharks transition from players like Thornton, Pavelski and the departed Patrick Marleau to a new generation.

CAP ROOM

The Sharks head into the offseason with projected salary cap room of more than $15 million. While some of that could be used up by keeping Thornton or Kane, GM Doug Wilson also could use that money to target a top free agent like John Tavares of the New York Islanders. Wilson has been planning for that flexibility for years and now the question becomes how he will use it.

An earlier item based on a real-time tweet suggested that Eagles coach Doug Pederson isn’t happy with reporters over the ongoing effort to find out whether Carson Wentz or Nick Foles will be starting at quarterback on Thursday night against the Falcons. The transcript and the video make it clear: He isn’t.

In a session that may say a lot more about the pressures of being the hunted than Pederson ever would admit, he displayed a surprising amount of frustration and multiple flashes of anger as he faced questions about whether it will be Wentz or Foles in only four days.

You can watch the video, or you can scan the transcript that was distributed by the team. The relevant portions appear below.

Q: Have you made a decision on who will be your starting quarterback? If so, who is it?

A: First of all, I appreciate y’all putting words in my mouth this week. Therefore, I’m not going to discuss it.

Q: How were words put in your mouth?

A: You saw the reports. Next question.

Q: Who here put the words in your mouth?

A: Next question.

Q: What reporter here put words in your mouth?

A: I’m not answering the question.

Q: I know James Harrison Jersey , but you said, 鈥淵ou.鈥?/p>

A: As a group.

Q: That makes no sense. You鈥檙e not going to lump us all together, are you?

A: Appreciate it. Yeah, thanks a lot. I’m going to lump you all together.

Q: What is the point of this?

A: Exactly. What is the point of this? It’s my decision.

Q: You’re not going to discuss your decision?

A: No, not publicly. Not publicly. I don’t do that. I don’t do it with any position on this team. I will not do it.

Q: Was Carson Wentz cleared for contact?

A: He is not. Not yet. Not yet.

Q: If he hasn’t been cleared, is it your decision to even make?

A: My decision to make?

Q: I mean, if he hasn’t been cleared for contact, wouldn鈥檛 he. . . .

A: We got a lot of days left.

Q: So, if he is cleared today or tomorrow, he has enough time to prepare for the Falcons, if that was the scenario?

A: We’ll see.

Q. Is your refusal to talk about it based on competitive advantage?

A: A little bit. Yeah Cameron Brate Jersey , a little bit. [We are] trying to win a football game. I don’t want to put my game plan out there for everybody to see it and read it and teams can scheme. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense. So, I appreciate it.

Q. Who will take the first-team reps today?

A: I鈥檓 not going to discuss it. . . .

Q: When will your quarterbacks talk with the media this week? Are you concerned that you’re placing them in a situation in which they’ll have to answer questions about who is taking which reps?

A: I’m sure that day will come. I’m sure. I’m sure you’re probably going to ask. . . .

Q: The quarterback who you’ve decided upon has taken pretty much all the reps at practice today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Is that correct?

A: That’s usually how it works. Yes.

That last answer makes this entire exercise even more bizarre. Someone will say to someone else whether it’s Foles or Wentz. (Someone already has, to a reporter who works for a media outlet partially owned by the Eagles.) And one or both of the two quarterbacks will be available to reporters, and they’ll be asked the question of whether and to what extent they’re preparing to play by practicing with the first-team offense.

Yes, Pederson would like to use this situation to his advantage. But it’s impossible to keep it secret until kickoff on Thursday night, and he’s only going to drive himself nutty by trying to figure it all out.
Authentic Womens Daryl Worley Jersey
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Interessante links Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: