Het koerier forum Het koerier forum
Door en voor koeriers
Het koerier forum
FAQFAQ  ZoekenZoeken  RegistrerenRegistreren  ProfielProfiel  GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst  GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen  Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken  InloggenInloggen 
klik voor meer informatie
asics kayano 22

Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Hoe werkt het hier?
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Gabrielle Woolley

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-04-2020 07:46:49    Onderwerp: asics kayano 22 Reageren met citaat

We can turn this asics gel kayano 24 around and ask for peer reviewed, published evidence of a benefit to running in ASICS shoes. What is the benefit of a 12mm lifted heel? You'll typically hear about reduced Achilles problems, but has this been proven? Richards et al., 2008 state that "… the overall impact on injury rates of running in a shoe with an elevated heel remains untested in clinical trials ."

These are basically different words for neutral, stability, and motion control. Since we're in the business of asking for peer reviewed, published evidence, I'd ask what the evidence for using arch height to choose a shoe might be? I'd ask whether pronation has been reliably shown as a major cause of running injury that needs to be controlled by a asics gel lyte v shoe? I'd ask whether ASICS shoes or pronation control devices have been proven to prevent injuries?

That's the difference between the height of the forefoot and the height of the rear foot, so if you've got a cushion type shoe it might be asics gt 1000 24mm and 14mm off the ground. A racing flat might be slimmer at 10mm and 20mm. We've done a lot of research on this and we understand that it actually puts your foot in a mechanically better position, makes it more stable, takes a load off the Achilles tendon… so there's a lot of positives.

Pete.. I hope I am not playing a game! I certainly did not think thats what it was about..you know, the interesting thing is that in a crazy way we asics 2000 are both saying the same thing.. and please do not represent me as the ASICS mouthpiece. I entered this debate as an individual with 30 years in the world of biomechanics and sports medicine, and the views I am putting across.. in the spirit of asking questions and receiving answers, are my own.

It also has the potential to injury them.. which is never good. Now I know you are immediately thinking hah! so do conventional shoes, but as you rightly point out, we have no proof either way. Many in these blogs have demanded a study proving conventional fotwear reduces injury rates. Well you sound like a guy with a scientific background, so maybe you can explain to the punters on this blog just how dificult it would be, if not impossible to design a meaningful study to ask that scientific question. If i put mY ASICS hat on, I would LOVE to do tha asics cumulus t study.

really, really interested in the answer, good or bad for the ASICS brand.. but how do i or you control all the variables this study would throw up. If you have an answer, i would genuinely like to know your thoughts. I do not want this discussion to degenerate into a p*##ing match because it can and should be a healthy debate, no an us versus them argument. I have an opinion, so do you, both equaly valid. ASICS has a point of view, and we base this on th [img]http://www.jeanwyllys.com/images/detail/asics cumulus-056upi.jpg[/img] e science that is available at this point in time.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Reageren    Het koerier forum -> Hoe werkt het hier? Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: